Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Cat-Back exhaust systems that replace the resonators? I know the older design of the JBA did but all the others seem to be "Reso-Back" exhausts.

G

·
I might be wrong here but no other system replaces the resonators. Everything is from the resonators back or from the Y back. I researched all of the other systems before making my purchase and at the time, the JBA fit the bill in both price and OEM pipe replacement.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slurppie said:
I might be wrong here but no other system replaces the resonators. Everything is from the resonators back or from the Y back. I researched all of the other systems before making my purchase and at the time, the JBA fit the bill in both price and OEM pipe replacement.
That's what I was afraid of. How are the systems that don't replace the resonators making any power??? I mean, the resonator pipes look like the most restrictive part of the OEM exhaust! If you don't replace the resonators I don't see how changing anything after them is beneficial. Hmmm . . . I gotta get my hands on the first generation JBA system . . . Thanks Slurp!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The stock Y-pipe is pretty restrictive. There was a pic on a Titan forum months ago where a guy cut it open and it was basically two pieces of pipe smashed together to fit in a larger piece of pipe.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caltitan said:
The stock Y-pipe is pretty restrictive. There was a pic on a Titan forum months ago where a guy cut it open and it was basically two pieces of pipe smashed together to fit in a larger piece of pipe.
You know, I noticed it looked a bit weak there too.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The Y-pipe is very restrictive. I'm sending a cut-away photo to Joe w/ Volant so he can see it. He mentioned in our last conversation, that they were starting the process to make an exhaust kit for the Titan. I asked him if they were replacing the y section, and he said no. I think he'll change his mind when he sees the cutaway photo I'm sending him. I'll post it here, as well, for those interested. It is bad, but I must say, the y-pipe on my old Tundra was even worse!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I think thats where MOST of the restriction is (Y pipe). Don't forget TitanHauler, you can always get a local shop to replace the reso's. However, after doing some research, you may have a "drone" problem then, I dunno.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I gained 0.1 sec on average in the 1/4 mile with the Banks. I gained 0.15 secs on average when I replaced the resonators and associated piping with Moroso Spiral flow mufflers. I'd say the resonators are the larger restriction. The piping used is a double wall so it gets pretty small on the inside.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The B&B replaces the Y pipe.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the_head said:
I gained 0.1 sec on average in the 1/4 mile with the Banks. I gained 0.15 secs on average when I replaced the resonators and associated piping with Moroso Spiral flow mufflers. I'd say the resonators are the larger restriction. The piping used is a double wall so it gets pretty small on the inside.
That is exactly what I thought. Can't beat real track testing. :) Thanks Head!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts