Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
welcome...for sound everyone says the banks exhaust is one of the better sounds. you will probably suffer a little lowend power but should gain in the highend. bullets are the loudest i think..JBA, magnaflow, flowmaster, and gibson are the medians all around. dont sound as good as the banks but wont loose near as much, if any power. i personally am going w/ the banks.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There are alot of options out there...check out youtube for sound clips but some vids dont do the exhaust any justice. I have the JBA...loud when i want it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you have not heard a spintech I would look into that, mine sounds really good and i get compliments EVERY time I go out, sounds like a bad *** muscle car every time I get on it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went with the banks monster exhaust .very easy install , only problem was getting bolts off of cats, nuts were rusted.I went to muffler shop they torched them off and installed new studs .did the job in my drive way about 2hrs total time. sounds great!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I like drone an low sounds. I have a flowmaster 40

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im planning on doing the following:

Flowmaster Y-Collector 2.25'' inlet 3'' outlet
3'' in/out dynomax bullet 16.5 long
3'' turn down dumped before rear axle!

Only around $110 for all the parts, sounds great! There are videos posted on titantalk, not raspy, had a nice deep tone and loud.

Just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
you know i gotta post'm......this is my spintech. I just bought a banks monster muffler, but haven't put it on yet. not sure how to get it all hooked up. may just take it to the shop, but the price was too good to pass up. i want to compare the 2 and see which I like better on performance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don't want to advertise the common exhausts that everyone has installed, but proof is in the facts, and a great exhaust for the money is JBA. Spintech, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Banks, B&B, and many others sounds really good, however if low end torque is what you desire, I would at least find an exhaust that mimics JBA's diameter y-pipe and piping after the collector. If it sounds good to you, I say go for it. So far, the exhausts I have had installed include: stock, Banks, Nismo duals, and now JBA's. I have plans in the future to swap my JBA muffler for a Magnaflow. Mods never end. lol Good luck on your choice, there are many to choose from.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, I'm probably gonna regret this but here goes. I'm still debating on which route to go with on my exhaust, but I recently was subjected to listening to alot of high end European cars (have been spending alot of time in Miami and Ft Lauderdale the last 6 months) The sounds have really ground on me end was wondering how to emulate those exhaust notes. Although my last "T" had a flowmaster as well and so does my Z28, after awhile they all seem to sound the same and no ONE seems to sound distinct. I've read something about building a 180 degree exhaust (don't know what the heck that is though), and heard a late model Vette with it and it sounded sweeeet. I've read most of the posts on this that or the other mufflers and read Shailey's post with the dyno results but I'm still not sold yet. For those that are reading and laughing, please don't bother replying in with, Duh, put a Lambo or Ferrari engine in you truck if you want that sound. I've heard that "crisp" sound come from cars that had 6,8,10 and 12 cylinders and was just wndering if it's even remotely close to get a similar sound. Even the Aurora v8 motors that Indy used for a while sounded sweet, so what gives? Is it all in the RPM range or exhaust material or bore and stroke?
Any how, if anyone has any SERIOUS comments I'd like to hear'em
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
youtube borla exhaust videos on the T, and see if that is the sound your looking for. its the closest thing i can think of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put the Maganaflow on mine a few weeks ago and LOVE the sound. Good and beefy but no so much so that I can't hear the stereo inside the cab.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts