Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta ask this question, in case I am missing something. Why do some people black out their license plates in photos they post??? I don't know about anyone else, but I am much more afraid of the people I drive around every day tracking me down than I am people on the internet. Is this the reason? Help me out . . .

·
Registered
601 Posts
TitanHauler said:
I gotta ask this question, in case I am missing something. Why do some people black out their license plates in photos they post??? I don't know about anyone else, but I am much more afraid of the people I drive around every day tracking me down than I am people on the internet. Is this the reason? Help me out . . .
You can't really help being visible to the people you see everyday on the road, but it is good to practice a little safety and anonymity while on the internet. Just helps to be a little more safe from someone trackng you down and jacking your stuff or whatever they want to do to you that you don't want them to do.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I do it because I don't really own a Titan and I'm afraid my neighbor that does will find out I'm posting pictures of his truck on the internet without his permission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess a little bit of identification protection is better than none. Not that it could happen from seeing a license plate on the internet, but having your identity stolen really sucks. It happened to my wife a few years ago and it takes a lot of work to clear your name. It is easier to do then most people think and some financial institutions are too eager to give out credit easily (one of her existing credit card companies issued a second account to the thief). :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I dont know but as soon as I get a clear shot of TitanHauler's license plate and get his address from that then I will be able to finally get those steps I been wanting. LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caltitan said:
I do it because I don't really own a Titan and I'm afraid my neighbor that does will find out I'm posting pictures of his truck on the internet without his permission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess a little bit of identification protection is better than none. Not that it could happen from seeing a license plate on the internet, but having your identity stolen really sucks. It happened to my wife a few years ago and it takes a lot of work to clear your name. It is easier to do then most people think and some financial institutions are too eager to give out credit easily (one of her existing credit card companies issued a second account to the thief). :evil:
Dang! Your neighbor has good taste. :) I see what your saying about identity theft. I guess I just never thought about anyone on the internet using my license plate to track down personal information about me. I guess until it happens to you, you don't understand.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
m4ck said:
I dont know but as soon as I get a clear shot of TitanHauler's license plate and get his address from that then I will be able to finally get those steps I been wanting. LOL
m4ck
LOL :lol: I guess this would be a good time to take verbal inventory of the firearm collection! Let's see . . . LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Caltitan said:

Hey, THAT'S what I'm doing, TOOO!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
120 Posts
TitanHauler said:
i don't know, besides, every hemi on the road sees it :twisted: why worry about my felow Titan buddies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts