Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I have been doing a ton of research and I am thinking my plan is going to be just fine. Give me your opinion on weather my actions will do what I am looking to do.

First off, let me say I absolutely love the look/stance I currently have. The problem is that it does not fit my needs. I have 6" of lift and am running 315 70 17 BFG AT ko tires.

Over the past couple of years I have found that I do no off roading, but do a lot of 3 to 5 hour trips pulling my pop up camper. My set up doing 65-70 mph down an interstate is just not the most comfortable, or very good so far as gas mileage at all. I have decided I need to change my truck to fit my lifestyle better.

I plan to unflip the hat on my DR coilovers and add a 3/8" spacer and take the long leaf out of my Deaver spring pack. I believe this will take me down to 3 1/2 to 4" of lift. I have scoured the internet and talked to many people so far as figuring out what size tire I want to go with. Currently I have a diameter of 34.4", with stock diameter being 32.6" ideally I would like to go with a 33.6. Problem is, the only way I can get to that diameter is going with an aggressive AT tire (found them in the BFG like I have and also Nittos) I finally found a truck Highway tire in the Michelin LTX M/SII that will give me a 33.2" diameter. This tire is a low rolling resistance tire that is rated #1 on the Tire rack surveys in all categories.

What worries me is if that tire in a 275 70 18 will fill the wheel wells enough with the 4" lift to make it look right? I plan on putting the tires on these wheels

and I think it will look awesome, but I am sinking an awful lot of money into this if it does not look right! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well personally.. I don't think that the 275 size tire will fill out the wheel well enough with a 4" lift. I am getting ready to use that size tire on a leveling kit and it fills out the well just enough but for me if i were to go with a 4" lift I would have to put on some 305's but I mean if you want better mpg you'll have to nearly go back to stock cause the bigger your tires the lower your mpg from what i've read

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, its not just mpg I am worried about so far as tire selection, its also ride comfort. That is what is steering me away from the 305s, I can only get them in a AT tread.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I think it will look fine with the 2" drop from where you are. The Michelin LTX is an excellent choice. There is only 1.2" inches difference between the diameter of the tires you have now and the Michelin. So there would be only .6" more clearance from the top of the fenderwell to the tire. With the drop of 2-2.5" the Michelins will fill the fenderwell more than what you have now.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Your new wheel and tire set up

I wanted those rims as well and think that your tire choice will go great with them and look good on your truck.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the back up guys, just a couple more things I nedd to clear up with Matt and I will be ordering this set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts