Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This contest is open to all IRC VK56 members and if you aren't a member now that's OK. Just put IRC VK56 member in your signature and you are in.
I am posting this contest because I see an awful lot of races won at the light and I want to see you guys practicing your RT's.
Simply follow the link to play and post your best times. you can post more than once if you beat your best time later and although I am not eligible, I posted a couple of my best times anyway to start it off.
The contest will run for a couple of weeks and is based on the average overall.
Good luck and let the games begin.

http://kylan.newgrabs.com/reaction.swf

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
link is not working

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I can't break .223. I'm wondering if my wireless mouse is delaying the reaction time. I'm going to have to find a wired mouse and see if there is a difference.

Papa_D, based on my best time I had so far, you are really quick. In my dojang I'm know as one of the fastest people to spar against. I don't want to meet you in a dark alley. :)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
HRTKD said:
I can't break .223. I'm wondering if my wireless mouse is delaying the reaction time. I'm going to have to find a wired mouse and see if there is a difference.

Papa_D, based on my best time I had so far, you are really quick. In my dojang I'm know as one of the fastest people to spar against. I don't want to meet you in a dark alley. :)
I have a guy at work who has taught TQD for 20 years and studied with some of the oversees masters and I beat him every time so don't feel bad.
I just have a hot wire to my primal reaction instincts according to him and my wife can attest to that. The first time she poked me in the chest to wake me up, I woke up with her throat in my hand, lol.
Just do your best and post your times and you stand a chance at the prize. BTW the .05 reaction is bogus, I was getting ready to red light and got lucky, lol. The rest of the times are all above board and I was just really quick on some of those.

titaninak said:
link is not working
I don't know what to do about that. Is is it working for everyone else?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
baseballfanz said:
LOL, this is the fastest I can do for now. No patients left.:scheibe-big:
Lol, I see you have one of those great .0 reaction times like me, I got lucky and clicked just as it was changing color, how bout you, lol.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Here's my best, so far. I got this same average twice in a row.
2-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gweasel77 said:
Here's my best, so far. I got this same average twice in a row.
View attachment 36249
That's a great RT average and one to be proud of, it's gonna take some great times to beat you man.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Here, this one's a little better.
5.jpg

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
now i can really respect you guys with those low rt's...i couldn't get below a .2...i was even sittin all funny in the chair trying to get my finger at the perfect angle...hmm guess i need practice

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I was playing with that the other night. Home Depot nah Ev will put me to work....lol... i want a free Mobil 1 oil change.....lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got a .161 average time but don't know how to save the page and post.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
stump_breaker said:
I got a .161 average time but don't know how to save the page and post.
Use the "print Screen" button usually righ tnext to F12 key. Then paste into the paintbrush and save as jpeg file.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
hey i'm just posting becuz I want to keep this quick....plus I could not let BBF and PapaD be the only .0X reaction times posted. Here are two from this morning. Maybe the next one we can do best average but there must not be a big swing meaning that consistency with best average pays the next contest??

Attachments

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
I think to post a group of your best would be good. I see some people are anticipating the light and getting it correct.

So an overall average I think would be better.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
o-fivecc said:
now i can really respect you guys with those low rt's...i couldn't get below a .2...i was even sittin all funny in the chair trying to get my finger at the perfect angle...hmm guess i need practice
Just keep practicing and I bet your RT's will come down as you learn to focus and relax while doing it.
I have had some of my best RT's in the morning and that would tend to confirm what my martial arts friend says in that the more relaxed you are, the quicker and more fluid your movements will be.
I also think I am a little quicker than average because I had four brothers and dodging everything from BB's to firecrackers makes you just a little faster, lol.

RBsTitan said:
hey i'm just posting becuz I want to keep this quick....plus I could not let BBF and PapaD be the only .0X reaction times posted. Here are two from this morning. Maybe the next one we can do best average but there must not be a big swing meaning that consistency with best average pays the next contest??
Yeah, I kind of blew it on the rules. I made the rules so I guess I could change them.

How about that since anything below 0.10 is almost physically impossible, it won't be allowed to count in the average unless your name is John Force or Jet Li, lol. What do you guys think?

stump_breaker said:
ok, thanks.

Edit. Here's my best
You have some great reaction times to be sure. Why don't you see if you can get another good set without anticipating any of the lights. A few people have brought it to my attention that anticipating the light is not the same as reacting and I do want this to be fair to all who play.

float_test said:
I was playing with that the other night. Home Depot nah Ev will put me to work....lol... i want a free Mobil 1 oil change.....lol
I tell you what man, if you can beat Gweasel77, and some of these other quick guys without having any anticipated lights thrown in there, I'll give you cash at Truck Wars II instead of the gift card, lol. Good luck beating some of these young guys, we get fatter and slower as we get older, lol. See you at TWII and at least you will have a few hundred lights under your belt by then.

Here's another couple of legitimate ones for you to shoot at Gweasel77, good luck and may the best RT win. Of course you don't have to beat me, just every other yahoo with a computer who likes Home Depot, lol.

Attachments

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
I've tried to anticipate that light...beat it to the punch everytime for a 1 second penalty!! LoL

Your brain has to register the light..then you react. I agree that anything below .1 is pretty near impossible.

Unless an individual can do it several times per set. If it's done once...it's just luck at anticipating the light I think.

But you can do the rules how you see fit Papa!!! I can't seem to break .17!! So I won't be winning!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts