Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
its sad... i cant get any better than .3's.. at the track i was getting consistant .19's. oh well damn comps. FAIL..

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I think are meant to be broken...LOL

Nah heck next month I'll donate to the gift card and we can do it a different way.

There are some quick folks here clicking. I like that .10 idea for sure.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
AgTitan06 said:
This is frigin hard! I can't get better than .27's! I did get a .063, but that had to have been pure luck!
Just try to relax when you do it and I know this sounds strange but it actually feels different to me when I am getting the low RT's.
It's almost as if it's in slow motion or something and it is very much more automatic than calculated.
Obewan was right, the force does flow through everything, lol.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Here's my next fastest, this is fun.
8.jpg

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Papa_D said:
Just try to relax when you do it and I know this sounds strange but it actually feels different to me when I am getting the low RT's.
It's almost as if it's in slow motion or something and it is very much more automatic than calculated.
Obewan was right, the force does flow through everything, lol.
Am I allowed to play with you or I am banned from last time RT game...lol

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Qaher said:
Am I allowed to play with you or I am banned from last time RT game...lol
Lol, you can play, this one won't allow just clicking the keyboard randomly though, lol. It gives you a 1 second penalty if you click early. Good luck man. Hey wait a minute, do they even have "Home Depot" over there?

gweasel77 said:
Here's my next fastest, this is fun.
View attachment 36273
Those RT's are great and it may take Yoda himself to beat you, lol.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I tried to send this to you, Papa_D, as a PM, but your box is FULL. So, here:
OK Papa_D, i've got a good/safe place where i've been practicing my launches. I can tell when i get it just right. Seems like a stall around 600-1000rpm. is optimal. Any more & there's just too much wheelspin.
I think the trick is, applying the right amount of gas after the stall. It's hard not to give it too much at first. The times i did the best, the wheels only spun very briefly. Then when they stopped spinning, i pressed it all the way & it downshifted & took off!
But, when i get it wrong i either spin out big time or it just doesn't downshift & the speed climbs slower. Is there a trick to getting it right more often? Just practice, huh. Man, i'm so excited about the 24th.
What's the track like, traction wise? More or less than the street? I think i'll do really well, if i can give it the right amount of gas after the stall. Thanks "MUCH".

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
maybe one day i'll learn how to post here :)... my first try i got .0164 (got the proof saved on my desktop :))!!

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
you are sooo right about the launch thing...its very hard not to press the gas too far right after the stall...i either spin out or dont give it enough gas...hopefully with a little more traction at the track i'll take off..but we'll see....i was trying to stall around 2000 and that definately seems to high

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
gweasel77 said:
I tried to send this to you, Papa_D, as a PM, but your box is FULL. So, here:
OK Papa_D, i've got a good/safe place where i've been practicing my launches. I can tell when i get it just right. Seems like a stall around 600-1000rpm. is optimal. Any more & there's just too much wheelspin.
I think the trick is, applying the right amount of gas after the stall. It's hard not to give it too much at first. The times i did the best, the wheels only spun very briefly. Then when they stopped spinning, i pressed it all the way & it downshifted & took off!
But, when i get it wrong i either spin out big time or it just doesn't downshift & the speed climbs slower. Is there a trick to getting it right more often? Just practice, huh. Man, i'm so excited about the 24th.
What's the track like, traction wise? More or less than the street? I think i'll do really well, if i can give it the right amount of gas after the stall. Thanks "MUCH".
It's tough to get it right at the track all the time without slicks. Track conditions change with the weather as well as the degree of track prep that they do and you just have to play it by ear. Sometimes it's better than the street and sometimes it's worse. I wish I could be more help than that but it is very unpredictable.
I usually start out giving it all she has and back down accordingly. Generally a 1/3 throttle launch will get you going and easing into it till about 20MPH and full throttle from there will get you off a slippery starting line.
I am in the process now of softening my launch by increasing my Y pipe to 2.5" and moving the power up the band a bit and I will let you know how that works. In fact you will probably be able to see for yourself if you are there on the 24th of Feb.
You have some great RT's though and that's a really good start. If you can ignore the top three bulbs and launch just as the third one comes on you will be way ahead of most off the starting line.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
That great info man, thanks. Yeah, i think i'm getting now. It's just going to take some practice at the track, to get it down for sure. There's a lot of variables, as you said. It's unpredictable. All that addrenaline, track prep., weather. It's a lot diferent than just pushing a button on the mouse. LOL!
Also, i'm really looking forward to checking out everyone else's rides! Mine is the only modded Titan i've ever ridden in or been up close to, to check out. Ah... man, it's going to be FUN!

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Papa_D said:
I tell you what man, if you can beat Gweasel77, and some of these other quick guys without having any anticipated lights thrown in there, I'll give you cash at Truck Wars II instead of the gift card, lol. Good luck beating some of these young guys, we get fatter and slower as we get older, lol. See you at TWII and at least you will have a few hundred lights under your belt by then.
LOL dont worry i cant even break out of the .2......fatter and slower maybe but definately better. TWII here we go!!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
float_test said:
LOL dont worry i cant even break out of the .2......fatter and slower maybe but definately better. TWII here we go!!
Wiser for certain buddy, TWII is gonna be awesome and I am so Jazzed about it, more than the first one, lol.

gweasel77 said:
That great info man, thanks. Yeah, i think i'm getting now. It's just going to take some practice at the track, to get it down for sure. There's a lot of variables, as you said. It's unpredictable. All that addrenaline, track prep., weather. It's a lot diferent than just pushing a button on the mouse. LOL!
Also, i'm really looking forward to checking out everyone else's rides! Mine is the only modded Titan i've ever ridden in or been up close to, to check out. Ah... man, it's going to be FUN!
No problem, I will also have a set of stop sticks handy if you get too fast for the older guys like me, lol.
I kind of lost count but there are gonna be a bunch of modded trucks there and it will be one for the books again.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I beat my last fastest RT. gtcompscientist has still got me with a 1.48
10.jpg
Anyone else want to play?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Today's best time:
12.jpg

21 - 40 of 41 Posts