Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have "heard" several of you mention how fun it was to blow away other model trucks. I haven't been brave enough to start anything on the streets yet. I did have another Titan try to get me going when my truck was only a couple of days old. Wasn't ready yet. Was wondering if some of you could share your winning momemt stories.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I've had several of them. They usually all go the same way. I pull up to red light there is a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge(usually its a Dodge Hemi that will do it) They here my exhaust when I pull up. For some reason they take it that I want to start something because I have a nice exhaust on a Nissan truck it seems to hurt their feelings. So most of the time they stare at the truck up and down. Figure since its a Nissan they will just blow me away. Then they usually punch it bark their tires. Thats when I unleash the Titan let it squall tires for a second then bam just blow them by. You can tell it hurts there feelings cause once you do it they wont pull up beside you anymore no matter how many miles you go the same direction after that or how slow you go to let them pull up along side of you. Oh well I have a ClubTitan.org sticker on the back of the Titan so they know where to go to learn more about the Titan that wipped their butt.
LOL
M4ck

·
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweeeeet!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I haven't had any. Maybe the folks around here are informed enough, maybe not. I've had a few 'gunners' but never when they are next to me or behind me, only going the opposite direction in town. I feel a little attitude from a few, but mostly not.

I secretly wait for the day when someone actually pulls up and wants to do an off the line. I hope it's in a fairly safe stretch so I can take them up on it. Win lose or draw it'll be fun!!!! OK it'll be fun to win :wink:

Oh Yea, I almost forgot, it would be nice if my wife and kids weren't with me, yaa that would be a big plus :D

Chief

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Yeh my wife hates being in the truck when this happens. I tell her I don't have much choice. I have to do it cause if I don't they may not see the ClubTitan.org sticker on the back of the truck so they know where to go to find out about the best truck out here. Its pretty much my duty to spread the news.
LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sweet, Chief.... I had my first (2,000 mi.s on her) this week when the roads were wet. Coming back from lunch going from light to light,I passed a Chevy who must have thought it was a challenge. I didn't think nothin' about it, I guess he did...all of a sudden he roared almost past, almost hit the curb several times and I still beat him to the next light. He wouldn't come close to me after that. It was funny!

I guess the moral is....pick your turf!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I beat A dodge Hemi on the freeway.Blew his doors right off.Followed me when I got off the freeway just to see what kind of truck that I had.
Had A sweet run with A modified Nissan Maxima.Little v6 gave me a little scare but As soon as I unleashed the awsome power of the Titan it was all over with.Took me A few seconds to catch up to him but as soon as I did I just played around with him.Let up off the throttle A few times just to give him some hope :D .But I got to be honest that was A peppy little Maxima.Once I grew tired I just stomped down on the throttle and it was over with... :D

·
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine has a 2500 Hemi. May have to challenge him!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hey m4ck, so we we still have some good semaritans out there, :D Keep up the good work!!!

Hey Majon, mine turned 2K yesterday!!! Yea you're right on the turf thing. It's pretty satifying to let them squeal away sometimes while you drive normal, then hopefully you might even give'em what for at the next light :D

I really wonder which is generally faster, Hemi or Titan. I drove both and my strong opinion is my truck is faster (by feel). You hit the juice and it's instantly there all the way. This truck is ripping into the wide open like it wants more now!!! But the hemi has some credit and respect due as well. The mags have put them even in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile but that's just the mags. I think that My truck is quicker off the line, but what about all the other variables, traction, gearing, weight, tires, etc.

If you wanna go 114 then you can beat the hemi, at least my last dodge limited out at 110 (97 Dakota). 114 is pushing it for me and I haven't done it.

I figured short highway mileage today and am getting 12 MPG. Not conservative or pure highway, yet still pretty bad. Hell this is the best 1/4 mile vehicle I've ever owned and I carpool to work for free so who cares :D :D :D Except I like driving my truck to work :cry:

LDOTITAN, I'd do my best to get the 2500. With the extra weight of his bigger truck you may have an easy win there. Maybe have the loser post the winner's brand in the rear window for a week :D

GoodLuck,

Chief

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, Chief....I you're racin' a Hemi, make sure it's not an '03 with Superchips! The speed limiter can be raised to 140mph... 8O

·
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chief, sounds like a good wager. I'll offer it up to him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts