Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone wired up a brake controler for an XE yet?
I dont have the BT cuz nissan didn't offer it in the XE trim. I put a nissan hitch on w/both the relays but mine does not have the plug under the dash for a brake controler.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
AZ, I do know that the XE's are not pre-wired as you've found out. This would make an excellent Tech Tip article if you have a digital camera and can take pics of your progress. Someone else will have to chime in here as to how to hardwire it but this topic comes up quite often and it would be nice to have something in our tech section to help others. Can you do this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did find out that I still need the wire harness that comes with the other models. I'm stopping by my dealer tomorrow to get one and I am having it wired on saturday. I'll try to take some pics and post them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i just bought an '05 and i have a harness with a plug end under the dash. it is labeled with a white label that say's "electric brake". there is probably a pigtail connector that attaches to it. i will be getting a factory hitch installed on saturday and hopefully it will come with the harness.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
rc_pilot said:
i just bought an '05 and i have a harness with a plug end under the dash. it is labeled with a white label that say's "electric brake". there is probably a pigtail connector that attaches to it. i will be getting a factory hitch installed on saturday and hopefully it will come with the harness.
Is your truck an XE and if so does it have the tow package? Just curious because if your truck is a basic XE, that tells me the 05 XE's are now coming pre-wired with the connector under the dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
I just bought an '05 XE without the Big Tow package and I have the Elect. Brake Conn. under my dash.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
mdinkle said:
I just bought an '05 XE without the Big Tow package and I have the Elect. Brake Conn. under my dash.
It should with you having the tow package. You should also have the pigtail that connects to the harness in your glove box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
No, I do not have the big tow package. No receiver/hitch, tow mirrors or anthing, just the existing wiring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
mdinkle said:
No, I do not have the big tow package. No receiver/hitch, tow mirrors or anthing, just the existing wiring.
Sorry, I missed the "without" part... :oops:

I'm glad to hear that your XE does have the wiring, perhaps this is a change Nissan made on the 05's. Thanks for letting us know!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
JetTech said:
mdinkle said:
No, I do not have the big tow package. No receiver/hitch, tow mirrors or anthing, just the existing wiring.
Sorry, I missed the "without" part... :oops:

I'm glad to hear that your XE does have the wiring, perhaps this is a change Nissan made on the 05's. Thanks for letting us know!!
I think there have been a few people with late build 04's that also have the brake prewire on the XE's. Maybe Nissan decided it was cheaper to use one simple harness. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Maybe it is an item that comes with the CC and not the KC - like the power locks and windows.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top