Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about wiring in a switch or switches to temporarily disable their wheel sensors? I was thinking about giving this a try to my rear wheels only in order to disable ABLS to allow for smokey burnouts at will. Any thoughts? Anyone? JetTech? Will this trip a code?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
I was on this quest at one point when I owned my 4x2. I unhooked the connectors near the frame rails to the sensors and did do some smoky one wheeled burnouts. The VDC, SLIP and ABS lights came on when I unhooked the sensors. After I hooked them back up and drove about 20ft. all of the lights went out.

Afterwards I just lost interest in one wheel burnouts and didn't pursue it after that. I don't know how you would do it without all the lights on the dash coming on. If you want to try it just follow the wire coming from the rear backing plate and at the frame rail you'll see a connector. Just unplug both sides and give'er hell....I didn't have anyone to take pics so make sure to have someone with a camera go with you... :twisted:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
MMMMMMHHHHHHHH!! Smokey burnouts soooooo much fun. Not that I would ever do anything like that but yeh fun.
M4ck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
TitanHauler said:
Has anyone thought about wiring in a switch or switches to temporarily disable their wheel sensors? I was thinking about giving this a try to my rear wheels only in order to disable ABLS to allow for smokey burnouts at will. Any thoughts? Anyone? JetTech? Will this trip a code?
Hmm, smokey burnouts with those bad boys that are about $300 a piece. I don't think I can bring myself to do that! lol :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QWIKWHIP said:
TitanHauler said:
Has anyone thought about wiring in a switch or switches to temporarily disable their wheel sensors? I was thinking about giving this a try to my rear wheels only in order to disable ABLS to allow for smokey burnouts at will. Any thoughts? Anyone? JetTech? Will this trip a code?
Hmm, smokey burnouts with those bad boys that are about $300 a piece. I don't think I can bring myself to do that! lol :)
Are you crazy Qwik?? Absolutely NO smokey burnouts with the Nittos!! To much :money: I'll be bolting the factory wheels and tires back up for the track/ burnouts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JetTech said:
I was on this quest at one point when I owned my 4x2. I unhooked the connectors near the frame rails to the sensors and did do some smoky one wheeled burnouts. The VDC, SLIP and ABS lights came on when I unhooked the sensors. After I hooked them back up and drove about 20ft. all of the lights went out.

Afterwards I just lost interest in one wheel burnouts and didn't pursue it after that. I don't know how you would do it without all the lights on the dash coming on. If you want to try it just follow the wire coming from the rear backing plate and at the frame rail you'll see a connector. Just unplug both sides and give'er hell....I didn't have anyone to take pics so make sure to have someone with a camera go with you... :twisted:
So Jet, maybe I am wasting my time? One wheel burnouts don't sound like any fun. If I disable the VDC then the computer won't cut power upon wheel slippage. So, if I am in the water box and I power brake the truck the ABLS should get both wheels spinning right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
TitanHauler said:
JetTech said:
I was on this quest at one point when I owned my 4x2. I unhooked the connectors near the frame rails to the sensors and did do some smoky one wheeled burnouts. The VDC, SLIP and ABS lights came on when I unhooked the sensors. After I hooked them back up and drove about 20ft. all of the lights went out.


Afterwards I just lost interest in one wheel burnouts and didn't pursue it after that. I don't know how you would do it without all the lights on the dash coming on. If you want to try it just follow the wire coming from the rear backing plate and at the frame rail you'll see a connector. Just unplug both sides and give'er hell....I didn't have anyone to take pics so make sure to have someone with a camera go with you... :twisted:
So Jet, maybe I am wasting my time? One wheel burnouts don't sound like any fun. If I disable the VDC then the computer won't cut power upon wheel slippage. So, if I am in the water box and I power brake the truck the ABLS should get both wheels spinning right?
That is correct. It will sometimes feel like it's cutting power but it's just the ABLS fighting for both wheels to spin. :) However, you really shouldn't be doing burn outs at the track unless your running with slicks. Doing a burn out at the track on street tires won't be any real advantage. Or at least that is what I have found in my past experiences. :)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top