Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so our two year old lost the only ignition key we had for our 2005 Titan. The only mobile locksmith in our town can’t program Titan keys. So, we ordered a ck100 key programmer, a key from Amazon, and had a key cut from a door key we had. The key fit and turned in the door and ignition, but even after programming, would not start the truck. Thinking there might be missing cuts on the key or that the chip in the key was not correct, we went to the Titan dealership in the next town and had them cut a key by VIN. This key did nothing, wouldn’t turn the door or ignition. We went back and they said they cut it correctly, but to our knowledge the ignition was never swapped. So they cut a key using our door key as well. As before, the key turns, dash lights stay on, but even after programming, will not start the vehicle. Out of desperation, I pulled the lower dash out and removed the electrical switch off the back of the ignition and used a screw driver to turn it. The lights on the dash will go out, and I hear a faint single click from the engine compartment but that’s it. I am wondering if it’s the starter? Even though the truck started great before the key was lost. Is it the key? Should I try a different dealership (in the next State)? Did I brick it somehow? Any suggestions? We are desperate. We need to get groceries and the truck has been down about 3 weeks. Thanks all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, find the right key on eBay, contact the dealer and they will program it for you without any problems. This is a standard situation. You can also use completely free vin check Epicvin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts