Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol You guys managed to exceed our monthly bandwidth of 40000 megabytes. Trust me when I say thats a lot. Hopefully this means we are doing a great job here and people are enjoying the site and returning often. I got in contact with our host this morning and we are now set up for a long time into the future. He bent over backwards for us and made it where we will not have to go to the trouble of physically moving the site. I made a new contract with the host for what we needed and he took care of the moving of files and we are now good to go. Thanks for making this site so popular guys. It is more than I ever dreamed it would become. If you see anything odd please let me know so I can fix as soon as possible.
Enjoy the new server.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
LOL - I think it happened right after I logged in this morning. So maybe I was the straw that broke the camel's back. I logged in, requested the posts since my last visit, and then the moment I clicked on the first post to read it I got the exceeded bandwidth message. Couldn't refresh or go anywhere on the site after that.

It probably can't be said enough about how nice of a site you and your moderators have been building. Keep up the good work. I guess this is proof that "if you build it, they will come..." 8)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its crazy man I cant believe we used that much bandwidth in a 19 days. I take it as a good thing though. I bet you were like uh oh when you clicked that link. lol keep it up guys try and do that again I dare you . LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hmmm, now who was it that recently uploaded that large sized burn-out video... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm I cut that thing down as much as I possibly could. LOL
m4ck

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
So if I'm reading this right this host will hold us over for a while and that a shift to a new server will not be necessary??

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
So if I'm reading this right this host will hold us over for a while and that a shift to a new server will not be necessary??
If thats true, thats FANTASTIC news! I guess things went better then expected when you talked to him?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Re: WOW GUYS YOU KILLED THE SITE. LOL EXCEEDED BANDWIDTH!!!!

m4ck said:
. If you see anything odd please let me know so I can fix as soon as possible.
M4ck
Well there is this guy named Dale that likes his hands nice and soft.......

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Re: WOW GUYS YOU KILLED THE SITE. LOL EXCEEDED BANDWIDTH!!!!

Slurppie said:
m4ck said:
. If you see anything odd please let me know so I can fix as soon as possible.
M4ck
Well there is this guy named Dale that likes his hands nice and soft.......
OMG!!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh guys it gets to stay where its at if I understood him correctly. He will just sell us the space and bandwidth we require by changing my account with them to a different kind of contract than normal users have. Seems like a great deal from what he told me. It is a good bit more than what we were paying monthly but it beats moving things and is a little cheaper than having to move so I think its a good idea. They seem willing to work with us as we grow which I really appreciate. They are quick when there is a problem also unlike when working with large companies.
all in all I'm happy
m4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
m4ck said:
Yeh guys it gets to stay where its at if I understood him correctly. He will just sell us the space and bandwidth we require by changing my account with them to a different kind of contract than normal users have. Seems like a great deal from what he told me. It is a good bit more than what we were paying monthly but it beats moving things and is a little cheaper than having to move so I think its a good idea. They seem willing to work with us as we grow which I really appreciate. They are quick when there is a problem also unlike when working with large companies.
all in all I'm happy
m4ck
Thays great news m4ck! But what are your plans on dealing with the "soft hands"? ROFlMAO!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Any of you read the great book "Of Mice and Men", or see the movie they made from it? I know that's before the time of most of you. Anyway, the "bad guy" in the story always wore gloves. You find out that he has Vaseline inside the gloves. He does to keep his hands soft for his pretty wife. This where you got the idea, JT?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its a great book and I do love tendin them rabbits. LOL
m4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man its been a rough week for us here. First a billing error last Sunday. Then we hit our bandwidth limit. Which is crazy. Then last night the hosting company did there automatic update of the Control Panel system and crashed every site running on their servers. Well I have a few things to discuss with them still and I need to have some talks with my moderators to get a their opinions on what we should do. Either we will stay with PanelHosting.com who we are with now and get a larger hosting plan or move site and buy a dedicated server like we were planning to do originally.
What are some of you guys thoughts. Do you think we should get our own dedicated server or keep working with the host we are with now.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
m4ck said:
Man its been a rough week for us here. First a billing error last Sunday. Then we hit our bandwidth limit. Which is crazy. Then last night the hosting company did there automatic update of the Control Panel system and crashed every site running on their servers. Well I have a few things to discuss with them still and I need to have some talks with my moderators to get a their opinions on what we should do. Either we will stay with PanelHosting.com who we are with now and get a larger hosting plan or move site and buy a dedicated server like we were planning to do originally.
What are some of you guys thoughts. Do you think we should get our own dedicated server or keep working with the host we are with now.
M4ck
Well, to be honest, I know nothing about what you just said. lol, can it be fixed with a wrench? 8O All I know is that I was jonesin when it was down. :D

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
scr38 said:
Any of you read the great book "Of Mice and Men", or see the movie they made from it? I know that's before the time of most of you. Anyway, the "bad guy" in the story always wore gloves. You find out that he has Vaseline inside the gloves. He does to keep his hands soft for his pretty wife. This where you got the idea, JT?
That's it, no more pics of my hands, gloves or bare.... :lol: :lol: You'll just have to dream about them from now on..... 8)

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
scr38 said:
That's it, no more pics of my hands, gloves or bare.... :lol: :lol: You'll just have to dream about them from now on..... 8)
But JT!!! The softness, the suppleness! You just can't do that to us!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
m4ck said:
M4ck
I say either ditch'em and go with a dedicated server or get monetary assurances from them concerning up time and reliablity. It would be a shame to start losing sponsors or members due to an unreliable site....that's my .04 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JetTech said:
m4ck said:
M4ck
I say either ditch'em and go with a dedicated server or get monetary assurances from them concerning up time and reliablity. It would be a shame to start losing sponsors or members due to an unreliable site....that's my .04 cents.
Last night was there fault. The billing error last Suday was PayPal. The exceeded bandwidth well that would probably rest on my shoulders. LOL that darned burnout video was downloaded almost 1000 times. It was 20 megabytes. kinda added up. oops
I have still been looking at the dedicated server around and there are some pretty decent deals. Most are about $300 for first month then 150 to 200 a month after that. Yeh its still a lot but may be well worth it.
M4ck
M4ck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts