Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have done it again i hit a freaking deer with my truck this morning and am in need of a new bumper cover won't be calling insurance for this one..... i have an 07 silver xe if anyone has a really good deal on a bumper let me know i live near panama city and don't mind driving to get one i have paypal so you can get your money quick please let me know if you can help...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry to hear about your run in with that deer.. Wildlife and even our own pets can't help it.. When ever they get a chance they will jump up and scratch the paint,, drop bombs from above or just plan run into the road causing a driver to make the decision of hitting it or taking there chances with what ever is waiting on the shoulder,, sidewalk,, over the curb and even the other side of a roadside guardrail..

My first Titan was destroyed by a Saturn that blew through a stop sign at same time I was passing the intersection..

My current 06 Titan has the complete front end brush bar for a little more protection.. In the past 6 months 2 deer have attempted to damage the truck.. The first walked onto road at same time I was accelerating from a stop.. I was traveling about 10-15 Mph.. It hit the brush bar and left a smudge on the front bumper before running off into brush..

The most recent came from a corn field and aimed for the left side of truck.. All I heard was a thump.. I was just coming to a stop sign when it darted out.. It's nose must have hit the forward edge of my left rear wheel opening and the rest of its head went directly into the still moving wheel.. The head and neck looked like a cork screw,, snapped and instant death.. I could only find a small clump of hair at wheel well and some hair on the rim.. A witness,, who lived across from the corn field said he never saw anything like.. I drove away with no damage..

Two weeks later while at the dealer for some service and recall work one of their parking lot drivers backed into the truck damaging the taillight and quarter panel on same side.. They had it for a week to fix damage.. It's been back twice since,, the paint is orange peeled and there is a drip/run in the freshly applied paint..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Try a bumper like mine, those deer cringe with fear....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you get your bumper? how much or can you send me measurements i have i guy that might can build that

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bumper is a kennesaw mountain accessories bumper made in Kennasaw
georgia, about a $1,000. Lots of snow here so cant get measurements at this time. Good luck with your repair. To replace your entire bumper with OEM is about $800+ so why not do the steel one.

Picture of BMW, well first thought that comes to mind is... do they make garbage disposals too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hear ya i have a local guy who would make one if he had measurements so i'll keep trying can get an new bumper and paint around 400 here so i'll see which way i want to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts