Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Extang, great company that they are, sent me a brand new Trifecta cover because mine was slightly defective after 3 years. One of the back corners was coming up out of the channel. Minor issue really, and I dealt with it for a few months, but went out on a limb and contacted Extang and they were good for the lifetime warranty. The only thing is that I had to cut the lot number out of the cover, so there's a 4 inch (ish) hole in the cover that i put duct tape on both sides to keep it waterproof. Someone with a little skill with needle and thread should have no problem patching it up if necessary.

So $50 gets you a used Trifecta cover and all the hardware (Crew cab WITH rail system). Local pickup only unless you want to pay for shipping for this ginormous thing. Hit me up w/any questions. I'm in Gainesville, VA 20155.

JJ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
wait so there is a warranty? i bought mine used as well and it looks exactly like that in the corners. hope i can find the lot number.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell yeah there's a warranty! I went out on a limb and contacted my regional guy Todd Lindblade. He asked for detailed pics, I sent them in and just over two weeks after I sent the first email, I have a brand new cover!. Here's the instructions Todd sent me:

Thank you for providing the photos of the Extang Trifecta truck bed cover so that I could help you through the warranty claim. I would consider the issue you are experiencing atypical compared to the performance expected from our Trifecta truck bed covers. Extang would indeed consider this instance covered under our lifetime warranty from manufacturer’s defects.

In order to process this warranty claim, I’ll have you remove the 10 or 11 digit numeric lot code that is stamped into the underside of the vinyl near the cab and mail it in to the address below:

Extang Corporation attn: Todd Lindblade
1901 East Ellsworth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Once the swatch of fabric containing the numeric code is received, I will order a complete replacement system. Replacement covers will typically arrive within 7 business days upon ordering.

To be sure that the new cover is shipped to the proper address, please include your name, shipping address, and telephone number in the envelope when the code is mailed to me.

I look forward to resolving this issue for you.

Regards,

Todd Lindblade
Extang Customer Service Representative
1-800-877-2588 x 2244
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
cool. mine doesn't have that tag. all i have is this tag that has patent numbers on it. I'll gave it a shot. lets see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
just a update. that worked for me too. I now have a new bed cover at no charge. thanks for the idea. saved me a great deal of money. got my cover in a weeks time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts