Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to xetitan I was able to aquire his XE wheels and tires for my titan. I wanted these to see how they would do at the track and for some smoky burnouts... :twisted:

Here's a few things I learned with this set of tires:

The 17" Offroad wheels and tires weigh 70lbs. each.
The 17" XE wheels and tires weigh 64lbs. each.

The Offroad tires, inflated to 37psi, are 31 7/8" tall in the front and 32" in the rear.

The XE tires, inflated to 37psi, are 30 5/8" tall in the front and 30 3/4" in the rear.

The XE wheels and tires are 1 1/4" shorter in the rear which is what I was hoping for, this is for the added gearing effect...

So I went for a quick ride on the XE tires and they ride really nice, even with the offroad package. A floored throttle, no brake, from a standstill, turns both rears into instant smoke.... :twisted:

I'll get some videos soon of this wonderful event, well to me it is, and then hopefully we'll be off to the track around the 12th of March.

I'm curious if the XE steel wheels can be had with the lower gearing that the big tow and off road titans have. I don't think they can and now I see why......they turn into piles of rubber and smoke REAL Easily!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Pretty Cool JetTech. Bet you get some nice times at the track!!!

:D :D :D

Chief

·
Registered
601 Posts
You gonna put some wider tires on those wheels to increase traction while keeping the smaller diameter?

BTW... I know the head did some experimenting with tire sizes on his truck for drag racing, so he might be a good person to bounce ideas off of.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just going to leave the factory tires on there. I don't want to get anything too sticky, that's when things start to break..... :( And I'm not THAT interested in track times to start breaking things...I want to keep it fun and be able to drive it home afterwards...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts