·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes if the radio has a SAT button on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a radio button and an aux, but not a sat. I heard that starting in 2009 they quit prewiring for xm. I know I can install a xm radio in it, but I just wanted to keep my original radio in tac without have a separate xm on the side.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'd much rather have an external XM radio device. I'm still tossing between buying an iTouch + XM adaptor for the sat radio.. or just the XM radio (cheaper).

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm getting ready (probably next week), going to put my new head unit in and will sell my XM factory parts, if you're interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you can install xm radio that will work with the stock head unit. If you don't have the "sat" button, you can select the xm input by pushing the radio button.

I installed mine last year and it works great, even works with the steering wheel controls. I installed an audivox/terk XMD1000 for the tuner and antenna. The XMD 1000 unit connects to an interface box, Axxess XIA-I01, made by Metra Electronics, which plugs into the back of the headunit with a vehicle specific cable, XIAH-NS1 also made by Metra. You can also by a cable that will enable ipod connection if you desire. Everything is installed inside the dash and out of view.

Radiosandmore.com was very helpful even though I didn't buy everything from them, I did get the interface module and cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your's is not prewired then my response may not matter, but what I was saying is that it does not matter if you don't have a SAT button. A prewired unit will switch to satellite by using the RADIO button...just like going from AM to FM, it will go from AM to FM to XM...once the satellite components are plugged in.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Maybe UPac has an adapter...GL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.