Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I have always been a reader of Clubtitan.org but not necessarly a poster. I have a 2006 Nissan Armada LE 4x4. Let me start off by saying I am not a 'car person'. I work for the power company - so vehicles is not my thing. :)

My Armada has 11,000 miles and the truck was purchases 3 months ago with only 5 miles on it. It has performed about the same since I purchased the truck.
I had the battery disconnected for a few hours last month when I had a temporary chair lift installed on the truck for a trip I had to take with my mother-in-law. I never seen much of a change after the battery was reconnected.

Today, I ran across this ECU reset post. I said, "What they heck." ... I'll give it a shot." I performed the first 3 procedures and then ran the truck around the neighborhood for a while to warm it up before performing the last procedure (Air Intake).
The truck was much quicker on the start but the upper speeds was not as responsive. When I got home I performed the last procedure (Air Intake). I had to do it a few times but I got it. I took the truck back out around the block and let me tell you, "WOW!" It is faster on the start and it throws me back in the seat if I punch it at 45-50. The truck always had a weak-spot between 30Mph and 45Mph but that is not 100% gone.

Like I said, I don't know if its better to reset or not. I don't know if its better to pull the battery or not. (BUT) let me tell you on my Armada this did WONDERS.

I always averaged 13MPG - 14.2MPG [mixed]. I will drive a few days and post results.

Thank you club Titan.

Tim

·
Registered
888 Posts
I only hve about 1300 miles but I have added duals and flowmasters. I thnk it runs gr8. should I wait till I get the CAI and then try it. Can you do it too often?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rocky,

did you do this relearning after install of TBS? I recently install airaid TBS and felt a slight difference on the throttle. ( felt sticky) would this help correct that issue. or Am I the only one who had this issue?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will resetting the ECU have any effect on the 2* timming advance?

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
jamcar27 said:
Will resetting the ECU have any effect on the 2* timming advance?
Don't reset your ECU unless you have to clear a code, resetting it will wipe out all other parameter it has been saving. You will see drastic decrease in milage. If you feel your truck a little sluggish, do a couple or three WOT runs.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks bsaeballfanz. Don't want to lose that throttle response. I have to take my truck in next week for an 02 sensor replacement. Will I need them to reset the timming advance once they clear the code or can they do it without hurting the timming?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Okay, So I came across this thread this morning (while at work). Did it this evening (afterwork). BEST thing I've done since I put in my intake. I noticed that it wasn't running like I thought it should after putting in the intake and I thought I just lost some low-end without an exhaust. Boy was I wrong. It rides like it just bought it. I'm going to make a habit and do this every time I change the oil.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had my truck for 6 months and have 8000 miles on it, no SES light or mods to the truck yet.
I have a volant CAI and SS exhaust going on next week, so can I do the precedures now or should I just wait and do it after the mods? Is there any harm in doing it now as well as next week after the mods?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
You should not do it at all. I proved using a G-Tech SS that your trucks learned Fuel Trims work better then teh stock fuel trims. I lost several tenths in the 1/4 mile when I cleared the codes.

Your truck will learn the mods just fine on it's own.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I guess all the nissans have a way with this procedure. My specV was very very similar to the first procedure and it would blink off all your codes too.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Don't reset your ECU unless you have to clear a code, resetting it will wipe out all other parameter it has been saving. You will see drastic decrease in milage. If you feel your truck a little sluggish, do a couple or three WOT runs.:D
Wait.... i thought if you did ALL of the procedures ur truck would get back its low end. are you guys NEVER doing the ECU reset and just doing the other learning procedures unless u have to clear a code? OK, i have No codes showing, should i do the resets and NOT the ECU? im a little confused, cause earlier in the post's it said to do them all freaquently for best performance

·
Registered
612 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
Wait.... i thought if you did ALL of the procedures ur truck would get back its low end. are you guys NEVER doing the ECU reset and just doing the other learning procedures unless u have to clear a code? OK, i have No codes showing, should i do the resets and NOT the ECU? im a little confused, cause earlier in the post's it said to do them all freaquently for best performance
shailey never does a reset - that's all I need to know...

·
Registered
323 Posts
good info thanks.

·
Registered
933 Posts
sounds good

·
Registered
76 Posts
so the ecu reset DOES clear the 2 degree timing advance?

61 - 80 of 83 Posts